Senior Center menu
TCCS Elementary Honor Society is recycling cans and plastic bottles. Back row left to right: Bella Konkle, Annah Burke, Lauryn Konkle, Lukus Shecker; next row: Angel Flanigan, Alex Sabella, Greysen Fors, Brooke Martin, Allexa Morgan, Brianna Barton, Hailie Cass; Front Row: Noah Sudul, Amber McAfoose, Paige Downey, Morgon Silvis and Shawn Merritt
Thursday, December 1 Soup and sandwiches, dessert and beverages
This week the trash pick-up will be on Friday, Dec. 2 due to buck season.
Members of the St. John Ladies Guild will hold their Christmas Dinner at Sam's Restaurant in Titusville on Monday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m.
Reservations should be phoned to Sandy Jamieson at 484-7286.
Your choice of Stuffed Chicken Breast or Stuffed Pork Chops.
There will be a $10 gift exchange for those who wish to participate.
Car pooling at St. John parking lot at 5:15.
Tidioute Borough has a new garbage collector as of January 1, 2012.
Braun's Refuse of Oil City will be collecting garbage in Tidioute, pick-up will be the same as with the previous collector.
All persons or business owners who have dumpsters need to contact Braun's Refuse at 814-677-4658 if you have not already done so or been contacted by Braun's. You must contact them if you want the reduced rate for dumpsters, changes must be made by January 1, 2012. This change could save you a lot of money if you own your own dumpster by re-doing your contract.
Garbage pick-up will still be on Thursdays.
If you have any questions please contact the borough office at 484-7424.
Fire Dept. Christmas
Members of the Tidioute Area Volunteer Fire Department, Auxiliary members, Life Members and their families are invited to attend the annual Christmas Dinner on Saturday, Dec. 17 starting at 6 p.m. at the firehall.
Those attending are asked to bring a dish to pass and your own table service. There will be a $5 gift exchange for those who wish to participate. There will also be some fun things planned for the evening.
Meat and beverages will be provided.
Please be sure to call Lena Rison at 484-3811 and make your reservation.
There are still plenty of paper kettles at Tidioute Hotel, Tidioute Trading Post, Northwest Savings Bank, Landmark Hotel, and Buccardo's Restaurant and a red kettle at Polly's Market for donations.
Paper Kettles are there for a donation which will go to help with the needs of those less fortunate.
Members of the Tidioute Area Volunteer Fire Department will meet on Monday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. for a monthly meeting and to prepare the walls for painting.
Anyone who would like to join the auxiliary is welcome to attend this next meeting and sign up for membership.
Conservation District personnel will be at Tidioute Community Charter School on Friday, Dec. 9, at 9 a.m. to speak with the elementary students on water conservation, watersheds and being environmentally-conscious with water.
Gun raffle success
Tidioute Fire Department and Auxiliary would like to thank all those who donated items for the Fall Gun Raffle, and those who came to support the event.
This raffle was a huge success.
Tidioute Community Charter School students are selling the orange and black "Tidioute" licenses plates for $10 each and they also have the Bulldog Bites cookbooks for sale for $10 each.
These items would make nice Christmas presents.
Please contact the school at 484-3550 or stop at Buccardo's Restaurant to purchase yours.
Tidioute Fire department will hold Bingo on Saturday, Dec. 10 at 1 p.m.
This is open to the public and all are welcome to attend.
The Second Harvest Food Bank will be at Tidioute Firehall on Saturday, Dec. 10 at 10 a.m.
Those coming for the food are asked to bring boxes for your food items as they will work better than bags.
Election of officers
Fire department members are reminded that December is when new officers and board members are elected.
The regular monthly meeting will be held on Thursday, Dec. 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Voting can be done on this day from 11 a.m. till 1 p.m. and from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. after which time the monthly meeting will start.
Only those whose dues are paid and lifetime members can vote.
Please note the date and time change for the December meeting.
The music department at Tidioute Community Charter School will be presenting its Christmas Concert on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 6:30 p.m.
All students are asked to be at the school by 6 p.m.; elementary student shall report to their classroom upon arrival wearing the traditional Christmas colors of red, green, silver, gold.
High school students will report to their designated locations.
Band and choir students will wear uniforms and dress robes.
Parents are reminded that all students will participate in the grand finale and they have worked very hard for this concert so please stay and enjoy the finale as well.
TCCS Bake Sale
There will be a bake sale following the Holiday Concert on Tuesday, Dec. 20.
All members of the band, choir, piano, elementary music and guitar classes are asked to donate a baked good.
Please take your items to the concert. Label items that contain peanuts, cinnamon, coconut, pineapple or nuts. If you could package your baked goods in serving size portions or a plate that would be greatly appreciated. Please package cookies in zip lock bags.
The music department thanks you for your cooperation and support.
The Tidioute Unit of the Salvation Army would like to thank all the bell ringers who took the time out to ring the bell for an hour or more. Your help is greatly appreciated.
A special thank you to all who stopped to make a deposit in the kettles and thank you to the special groups who make larger donations.
With you support we will be able to assist many in their need, especially during the holiday season. Helping a family with gifts and food for the children is what it is all about.
Once again thank you for the support.
1. Gretchen Laubach, Gaynel Lester, Jon Druggan, Ken Williams, Hazel Ord, Vicki McLaughlin
2. Melissa Sabella, Ryan Craft, Paul Craft
3. Jessica Overcash, Scot Genter, Skip Hulings, Gail Martin
4. Edward Hart, Karissa McKown, Jeff McKown
5. Carol Zorn, Laura Kelly, Joseph S. King
6. Greg Morrison, Jessica Johnson
7.Tim Berlin, Hallie Cass, Judy Klinestiver, Robbie Davis
8. Monica Snavley, Brent Myers, Alexandria Kitelinger
9. George McKown, Linda Scott, Chuck Klos, Ashley Seelinger
10. Julie Come, Kim Mineweaser, Jeremy Wyman, John Walters
11. Timothy J. Sabella, Mark Veasey, Richard Brown, Bob Yeager, Mark Peters
12. Jack Shields, Jack Davies, Denise Craft
13. B. J. Rafalski, Doris White, Debbie Hosick, Philip Downey, John Motzer
14. Rick Bunce, Denis Graves, Marty Bennett, Mary Ann Wolford
15. Garrett Proper, Margaret Yeager, Becky Styles
16. Miles Jenny, Jennifer Caputo, Karen Atkin, Tom Heenan
17. Jan Bosak, Cindy Leonard, Pat Sveda, Bessie Steinkamp, Stephen D. Vincent
18. Stephanie Molek, Renee Snavley
19. Paige Beck, Rob Holmes, Drew Coughlin, Lucy Schwab, Dora Dygan, Pat Redick
20. Johney Kehoe, Peggy Watson
21. Norma Konkle, Crystal Gertsch, Jennifer Adams, Blake Sabella
22. Brylynn Nicholson, Danielle Sutton, Anita Wilcox-Dashner, Carrie Anderson
23. Rebecca Bunce, Sarah Sabella, Michael Henderson, Rob Hosick, Brittany Davis, Ken Anderson
25. Tim Gerus, Lacy Fedele
26. Mike Wolfe, Joy Sabella, Susan Knight, Rachel Lashinsky
27. Wayne McAllister, Sarah Carter
28. Brett Burke, Kristen Fike, Ashley Haney
29. Jill Sabella, Patty Sveda, Elaine Wilcox, Michael Seelinger, James M. Mechling
30. Dan Scott, Howard Raybuck
31. Renee Williams, Chris Davies, Kelly Benner, Linda Wolford
Up Coming Events:
1 Soup and Sandwiches at Senior Center
2 Christmas at Dinner theater for Senior Center Members
5 VFD Auxiliary meeting at 6 p.m.
ST John Ladies Guild Christmas Dinner at Sam's Restaurant