Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Dad: Pa. boy hurt by stove likely going to be OK

December 11, 2013
Associated Press

SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) — A western Pennsylvania man whose son was hurt when a stove tipped over onto him says the boy's mother performed CPR and likely helped keep him from suffering irreversible brain damage.

Marc Jackson Sr., of Jenner Township, tells WPXI-TV (http://bit.ly/1bWKTj2 ) that the boy remained in intensive care at a Pittsburgh hospital Wednesday, but was expected to fully recover.

The 2½-year-old boy opened the oven door and climbed onto or into the disconnected stove, which fell over onto him, causing the boy's breathing and heart to stop Monday afternoon. Jackson says his wife is a nurse who immediately aided the boy and called 911.

The stove, which was built into the cabinetry, doesn't have a base. It was being stored on the family's enclosed porch while their kitchen was being remodeled, about 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

___

Information from: WPXI-TV, http://www.wpxi.com

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web