Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Smoking blamed for Pa. fire that left 20 homeless

March 31, 2014
Associated Press

PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Fire officials in southeastern Pennsylvania say smoking in bed is to blame for a fire that has left 20 people homeless.

Chester County Fire Marshal Harrison Holt also said Monday that the fire in Phoenixville caused $300,000 in damage.

It took firefighters an hour to bring the blaze under control early Sunday at the multi-unit building, which consisted of three attached row homes.

No one was hurt.

Red Cross spokesman Dave Schrader said three affected families are staying in a hotel and are being provided with clothing and food.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web