Friday-Sunday, March18-20th- 'Retreat to Wellness Weekend'
Retreat to Wellness Weekend at the Gateway Lodge is a local collaborative effort to bring health and wellness to the PA Wilds. Participants include members from Clarion Wellness Health Options, Quiet Creek Herb Farm and School of Country Living, and Cook Forest State Park. Package includes:
- two nights in a luxury fireside jacuzzi suite or rustic cabin
- wine reception Friday night in Gateway's majestic Great Room
- healthful cuisine by Executive Chef John Georgvich Saturday thru Sunday
- choice of three wellness workshops on Saturday
- chocie of morning yoga, meditation, or interpretive walk through the Forest
- choice of chair massage, scalp massage, reflexology, or paraffin hand treatment.
Reserve for $299/person for a weekend of renewal Please contact the Gateway Lodge at (800)843-6862 for details.
Saturday, March 19th at 1200pm - 'St. Patrick's Equestrian Program'
Please meet at the Silver Stallion Stables for an equestrian interpretive program celebrating St. Patrick's Day through. Welcome in the Spring as we travel through the pine orchards of Forest Drive, then venture deep within the Forest Cathedral. This is an excellent time of year to observe a variety of animals and their tracks from the common white-tail deer to the elusive and seldom seen fisher. Cost is $100 per person which includes basic riding instruction, a wide array of discussion on environmental topics and a scenic campfire meal prepared by a local Chef. (Vegetarian options available). Participants must be at least 12 yrs of age and weigh no more than 250 lbs. Pre-registration by March 14th is required, and is limited to 8 People. A Visa or MasterCard will hold the reservation. A 25% cancellation fee for any cancellations 48hrs prior to January 22nd. For directions, information, and registration, contact Silver Stallion Stables at (814) 927-6636. (3 hrs)