Trash Pick Up
Tidioute Borough trash pick-up will be on Friday, Dec. 27 due to the Christmas holiday.
Also, trash pick-up for Friday, Jan. 3 due to New Year's Day.
Hazel Ord in the center was honored during the Christmas Dinner at Tidioute Towers for being the first resident in 1981 and the oldest at age 100. Also pictured are Karen Craft, left, first manager of the towers and now a resident, and Terri Fike the current manager, who has been there for 11 years.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest
An “Ugly Christmas Sweater” contest was held at the Tidioute Towers Christmas Dinner. Contestants were asked to create their own sweaters. The winners were: first place, Kate Proper; second place, Kathy Berlin; and third place, Faith Francis.
St. John Ladies Guild held its annual Christmas Bake Sale on Saturday with lots of homemade baked goods.
Have your trash to the curb by 6 a.m. both Fridays.
Members of Watson Grange will meet on Thursday, Dec. 27 at 6:30 p.m.
Tidioute Area Volunteer Fire Department met and elected new officers for the year 2014.
Chief- Mark Veasey, First Assistant - Jack Fulkman, Second Assistant- Terry Stuart.
Board of Directors are Henry Brown and Monica Morgan. President: Corey Nicholson, Vice President: Tim Berlin, Secretary: Monica Morgan, Treasurer: Anita Nicholson, Assistant Secretary: Marty Bennett, and Assistant Treasurer: Tammie Silvis.
The department meet the last Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Tidioute Sports Boosters will be holding a bonfire on Friday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m. at the ballfield.
This will be a time when they will burn your live Christmas tree with a $5 fee per tree.
Come and join in the fun at this time.
District 19 Meeting
There will be a special meeting of District 19 Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW on Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014, at the Forest County Veterans Club, North Route 66, Marienville.
The business to be taken care of is the Election and Installation of the officers of District President, Senior Vice President, and Jr. Vice President.
Registration if District Delegates will be at 1 p.m. with the above business scheduled at 2 p.m.
Borough Office Hours
Tidioute Borough office will be closed Thursday, Dec. 26 and Friday, Dec. 27 and will reopen on Monday, Dec. 30.
Members of the Tidioute Community gathered at the Swedish Union Church on Sunday evening to celebrate a Candlelight Christmas Service.
Members of the choir sang a few selections and the children's choir sang some selections as well.
Everyone joined in the singing of several selections.
Pastor Dale Timco of the Allegheny Bible Church led the services and delivered the message, Home For Christmas.
Those attending sang the closing hymn of Silent Night by candlelight.
Everyone who attended received a bag of candy and an orange.
Hazel Ord was honored at the Tidioute Towers Christmas Dinner on Thursday night.
Ord was the first resident to move into the Towers on March 2, 1981 and on Dec.1, 2013 she celebrated her 100th birthday.
Ord was honored for being the first resident and presently the oldest resident at Tidioute Towers.
Also present for this occasion was Karen Craft, who was the first manager of the Towers, she moved Hazel in and is now a resident herself.
Current manager is Terri Fike who has been with the company for 11 years.
Pennsylvania State Championship Fishing Tournament Committee members will be hosting Bingo Games on Sunday, Jan. 5 at Buccardo's Restaurant.
Doors open at 2 p.m. and the games will begin at 3 p.m.
Tidioute Knights of Columbus will be holding its annual Youth Free Throw Championship on Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 1 p.m.at the Tidioute Community Charter School.
This is for both boys and girls ages 10 to age 14.
All contests on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent.
For more information and entry forms, contact Gary Koech at 484-2252.
Residents at Tidioute Towers were asked to create their own "Ugly Christmas Sweater" for a contest that was held during their Christmas Dinner on Thursday, Dec. 19.
Winners were in first place: Kate Proper, second place: Kathy Berlin and in third place: Faith Frances.
1. Fred Johnson, Andy Proper, Bill Cyphert, Larry Wolford, Stacey Benner, Joshua Spargo, Sandy Jamieson
2. Kristy Huntoon, Gina Sudul, Abby McLaughlin
3. Lilly Sabella
4. Nathan Hulings, Miles Simons
5. Nicole Arnold, Jill Spargo, Forrest Shoemaker, Eric Kinnear, Mike Dashner, Mark Dashner
6. Arletta Marsh, Conor Coughlin, Richard Knight, Cindy Jamieson
7. Jamie Klos, Karen Klos
8. Kennidee Marotta
9. Lane Buccardo, Harry Glass, Connie Cotterman, Harold Bunce, Carol McIntyre
10. Holly Withington, Danny Mechling, Billy McManigle
11. Hannah Nicholson, Jimmy Gionti, Brian McKay, Ben Barton, Christopher McCauley
12. Michelle Cantrell, Jennifer King
13. Johnathan Logan, Michelle McKay Kehoe, Michael Roofner, Troy Moore, Bill Wentworth
14. Jeremy Jamieson, Cookie Nelson, Dee Ludwig, Brooke Sveda
15. Alissa Lowe, Grant Nuttall, Jim Nicholson, Nancy Sheckler
16. Jayda Myers, Owen Schott,
17. Walter Stover, Shelly Kagle, Jim Higgins, Ralph Bush
18. Bud Weiser, Andy Heenan, Rhonda Matie, Dan Gazalie, Neil Schwab
19. Suzanne Steffee, Annette McKown, Polly Nicholson, Tyler Sutton, Janet Moore
20. Kyle Zaffino, Al Waine, Shonnah Shoemaker, Brandon Bynum, Dick Brown, Tracy Klos, James R. Nicholson
21. Vicky White, Mary Watson, David Brocklehurst
22. Kasey Heenan, Charlotte Gazalie, Diane Jamieson, Angela McGraw, Karrah Reese, Rachael Schwab
23. Joannah Glass, Dale Sheckler, Audra Duncan
24. Jacob Downey, Sandy Mellon
25. Barb Fulkman, Shawn Downey, Ron Toomey
26. Kathy Jones, Tammy West, Nancy Percell
27. Gail McCracken, Zachery McGraw, Martha Smith, John Swartz, Skip Weilacher, Tim Craft
28. Ed Hart, Frank Pagley, Thomas York, Debbie Genter, Sam Sabella, Sandy Palmer
29. Jack Fulkman, Marcella Stover, Donna Lanager, Julie Lindemuth, Beverly Redick
30. Aaron McCauley, Katie Sutton, Mike Cassese, Gaige Gazalie, Donna Campisano
31. Judy Brown