Senior Center Menu
Thursday, June 26 will be Polish Sausage with peppers and onions, tater tots, dessert and beverages.
Monday, June 30 will be Sauerkraut and Kielbasa, mashed potatoes, dessert and beverages.
Committee members from the Tidioute Area Health and Dental Center Inc. gathered to go over the plans to improve the parking lot at the intersection of Main Street and Buckingham Street. Donations to help fund the parking lot can be sent to Tidioute Area Health ad Dental Center Inc., 52 Jefferson ST, Tidioute. The project is expected to be completed with one month.
David Winner presented a program at the senior center recently on those age 55 and older finding work if they have low income.
Tuesday, July 1 will be Ham Salad sandwiches/Tuna Salad sandwiches, potato chips, desert and beverages.
Thursday, July 3 will be Lemon Pepper Fish, Stuffed Shells, dessert and beverages.
Monday, July 7 will be Cream of Broccoli Soup, sandwich, dessert and beverages.
Tuesday, July 8 will be Goulash, vegetables, dessert, beverages.
Thursday, July 10 will be Hot Turkey Sandwiches, mashed potatoes, gravy, dessert and beverages.
Please call the center at 484-3020 to sign up for meals, just as a courtesy to the cooks.
Watson Grange members will meet on Thursday, June 26, at the Grange Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Pies will be the refreshments this month.
Knights of Columbus
Members of the Knights of Columbus of ST John Church, Tidioute will meet on Thursday, July 10 at 7 p.m. in the ST John Center, due to the 4th of July Holiday.
Tidioute Knights of Columbus are selling tickets for an engraved Henry Big Boy 44 Magnum before and after Mass at St. John Church, you can also purchase tickets from any member of the Knights of Columbus.
Drawing will be Sunday, Sept. 28. Need not be present to win. Tickets are$ 2 each or 3 for $5.
The family of Helen Perry would like to thank everyone for all the cards of encouragement sent to her during her time of illness. She appreciated all the love and kind thoughts, gifts of flowers and visits.
Tidioute Public Library's Summer Reading Program begins on July 7 and will continue until August 2.
This years theme is "Fuzz Boom Read!"
There will be programs for kids ages 2 to 16.
More details and registration forms are available at the Library.
The Library is open Monday and Wednesday noon to 7 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Board of Directors of the Tidioute Area Health and Dental Center, Inc. (TAHDC, Inc.) voted on June 17 to go ahead with plans to make improvements to the parking area at the corner of Main and Buckingham Streets in Tidioute. In addition to constructing a driveway into the area, and a new sidewalk (on Main Street) to include the corner with proper handicap access, they have approved rebuilding the unstable bank area with concrete blocks in the back of the parking lot towards Northwest Savings Bank, leveling off the top of the area and putting a wall in place along Buckingham Street. In the area between the sidewalk and the wall there will be some type of plantings, and on the wall a "Tidioute" sign. The wall at the back of the lot toward the bank will be angled back in the front, and the portion of the wall at the upper corner will be low so as not to obstruct the view of vehicles coming around that corner.
It is estimated that approximately 2 to 3 parking spaces will be lost as a result of the improvements and that it will take approximately one month to complete, weather permitting.
TAHDC, Inc. has stated that they consider this Community Project because it will enhance and improve one of the main entryways into our town, When completed, the parking lot will be used by Staff at the Health Center during business hours, but available for use by the general public after business hours.
Election of officers was held at this same meeting with results as follows: Bob Schwab-President; Cindy Paulmier-Vice President; Carol Klingenburg-Secretary and Assistant Treasurer; Sandy Jamieson-Treasurer, and Board Members: Ken Nicholson, Walt Snavley, Rachael Watson, Sandi Ringel and Sharon Williams.
The current budget was reviewed and the proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year was approved.
TAHDC, Inc. has already received some funding for this project, but are asking for additional donations to help offset the matching funds requirement. Anyone interested in helping to beautify and improve our community can make a donation with checks payable to "TAHDC, Inc." and mail to TAHDC Inc., 52 Jefferson ST, Tidioute, PA 161351. All monies received will go towards the Parking Lot Project.
Pathstone Senior Community Service Employment Program was the main topic on Thursday at the Tidioute Senior Center.
David and Barb Winner presented a program to those present on those age 55 and older and unemployed on re-entering the work force.
Why hire an older worker? Experienced equals added value, qualified equals skilled labor, responsible equals work ethic, and talented equals diverse abilities.
All you need at the time of your appointment is your income verification such as your most current Social Security award letter, SSI, SSDI, access card, pension(s) benefits letter or statement, unemployment. Social Security card, identification card such as driver license or state issued identification. If you qualify, you will need your bank information for direct deposit. Bring your information just in case.
Hourly rate is $7.25 per hour for 15 hours a week. You get paid while you are interviewing for work.
At Pathstone they believe that achieving the American Dream is possible for everyone, regardless of age. It is their mission to promote pathways to economic, self-sufficiency for older individuals and their families who are working to achieve this dream.
Pathstone, Inc. is located at 200 Liberty Street, Warren. For more information call 726-3300.
Deerfield Township is in need of a Supervisor due to the resignation of John Flasher.
Any interested person should attend the next meeting on July 14 at 7 p.m. at the township building or call Duane Gibson at 563-7026 or Tom Kollar at 484-7333.
The Dance Express Team from Warren will perform at the Tidioute Community Charter School on Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The members of the company are students from around Warren County. The performance will be in the school gymnasium. The event is free and open to the public. Dance Express will be competing at Nationals the second week of July in Toledo Ohio.
Once again the Anything That Floats Allegheny River Raft Race will take place on Saturday, July 12.
The race starts at 11 a.m. behind the Wildwood on RT 62N and ends at 3 p.m. at Tidioute Boat Launch.
Entry fee is $5 per person.
A theme of "Super Hero's" leaves a lot to the imagination.
There will be trophies for First, Second and Third Place, in Drifters, Paddles, Canoes, Kayak, Most Spectacular Raft (has to be decorated to fit the theme), Furthest Traveled, Youngest participant, and Oldest Participant.
This event is sponsored by the VFW Ladies Auxiliary of Post 8803.
To enter or for more information please contact Sonya Spencer at 814-706-7566 or Melissa Potts at 814-730-3528.
1. Kristen Robertson
2. Kallei Davison, Owen Heenan, Lukas Sheckler, Larry Anderson
3. Craig D. Holmes, Mackenzie Blake, Dakota Barton, Joan Kane, Marge Anderson, Travis Moore, Ashley Saullo
4. Ricky Greeley, Jamie Anderson, John Nodzak, Jim Matie, Sheryl Hulings, Delia Campisano, Melissa Gresham
5. Nena McCandrew, Kathleen McGraw, Luke Heenan, Shelly Campisano, Luke Schwab, Jean Yeager, Leanne Bailor, Alicyn Haney-Rhodes, Jacob Saullo
6. Lori McLaughlin
7. Ken Nicholson, Aaron Clickett
8. Audrey Campbell, Herb Riemenschneider, Tim McLaughlin, Becky Sneltzer
9. Jay Lindemuth, Cassie York, Kaleb Schwab
10. Morgan Silvis, Cory Blake, Mariah Wolford, Kate Proper, Matthew Jamieson, Kevin Seelinger, William Sheckler III, Tod Higgins
11. Vivian Shaw
12. Kaylyn Watters
13. Kaitlon Silvis, Heather Cass, Joseph King, Joe Alberth, Dennis Kitelinger
14. Cassandra Reasbeck, Frank Buccardo JR, Jim Kist, John Benner, Ron Ringel, Elaine Robbins
15. Gregory Heenan, Jeffery Richards, Dave Rondinelli, Jim Kostkas, Jessie Matie, John Kostkas, Christopher Wilcox
16. Dan Parker, Alicia Nicholson, Mackenzie Rehe, Olivia Kitelinger, Michael Heenan, Terri Fike, Todd Downey
17. Sue Rondinelli, Kelly Greeley, John McCracken, Brandon Blair, Briana Blair, John Blair, Julie Fike-Tencate, Mike Knight, Mary Fink
18. Mark Moore, William Vrizenga, Monica Antil, Matthew Joseph, Carol Ziegler
19. Missy Conte, Ella Johnson
20. Dian Wolford, Robert Williams SR, Chris Rison
21. Laura Rondinelli
23. Betty Kowalski, Nicholas McCandrew, Carol Benner
24. Jennette Hayes, Gaynell Wilcox, Krista Greeley, Cody Greeley, Rick Downey, Brooks Ambos
25. Bobbie Heenan, Jean Kitelinger, Phylis Rapp
26. Madi Mineweaser, John Fink, Missy Klos, Sue Lester, Adrian McLaughlin, Miranda Irons
27. Lisa Sveda, Lisa Spulecki, Jack Kostkas
29. Carol Bunce, Lita Wolford, Jay McKown
30. Beth Navarro, Logan Moore, Butch Glenn, Lance Spencer, Kay Moore, Colleen McLaughlin
31. Derek Klos, Justin Drukenbrod, Donna Reitz